Developed by: A. Campbell and D. Lee

Course Description: Basic principles in the genetic improvement of crop plants. Methods of cultivar development in self-pollinated and cross-pollinated crop species. Required course for the Master of Science in agronomy degree program and agronomy graduate certificate program.

Course Prerequisites: AGRON 181 or equivalent, MATH 140, CHEM 163, BIOL 101. Restricted to graduate students enrolled in MS Agronomy and Agronomy Graduate Certificate online degree programs at ISU. Students from other departments must get permission.

Instructor: Dr. Deb Lee

Contact Information:

Please contact me by email: Dr. Debra Lee;
If there is a situation where a conversation might be helpful in resolving a question, please email me to arrange a date and time for a phone call. 

Need extra time to meet a deadline? Explain the situation to your instructor IN ADVANCE and accommodation can be made.  The explanation doesn’t need to be extensive.  The important factor is to attempt to notify the instructor ahead of time.  I understand that emergencies occasionally occur.  Please find some way to make contact with the main office or the instructor as soon as possible in the event that an emergency is preventing timely completion of your course work.